The use of this technology has various advantages for the polishing of new constructed moulds as well as for the polishing of used moulds which have to be maintained during and after production:
MOULD SHOP / MOULD REPAIR SHOP
- >Industrialization of the polishing process.
- >Repeatable operation.
- >All models of moulds can be polished (round, square, etc.).
- >All types of materials of the moulds can be polished (cast iron, steel, bronze, aluminium).
- >Reduction of polishing time
- >Easy, clean and facile work.
- >No specialized personnel necessary.
- >Reduction in staff (one worker handles four machines).
- >Improvement of the profile of the surface of the mould: the surface gets regular, smooth and mirror-like with an RA surface value up to 0.05 (depending on the material).
- >Improvement of the edges, the profile and the logos.
- >Longer duration of the life of the moulds: considerable reduction of material removal on the surface and keeping longer the dimensions of the cubature of the moulds in tolerance.
- >All moulds result polished in equal way.
QUALITY OF THE FINAL PRODUCT
- >Higher quality standard: the achieved product has no imperfections and no marks caused by the paper brush, giving the glass the maximum of transparency and shining.
- >All finished products are the same.
- >Improvement of the fluency of the glass: during the press work the frictions are reduced and in this way the usury of the moulds is limited and no marks on the end product visible.
- >Reduction / exclusion of the use of the "swabbing".
- >Increases the time of the moulds in the machine of more than 30%.
- >Minor use of glass to compensate the cubature.
- >Reduction of breaks/crashes and consequently reduction of mould changes.
- >Predictable polishing costs.
- >Reduction of costs of more than 50% compared to the traditional methods.
- >Reduction in the acquisition of new moulds.
- >Saving in glass.
- >Predictable and defined consumption good costs.